Tuesday, April 01, 2008

I am home

Hello everyone. I am here and almost settled into my house. They had to do some repairs so it took a little longer to get in then I planned but everything is there and it is as clean as it can be which means dust everywhere. I have seen a few people in town and I will start going to the villages either Friday or Saturday it depends on how tired I am after driving from Niamey to Konni and then Konni to Guidan Roumdji. The roads are really bad right now as they are doing construction, lots of detours, missing parts in the road, and of course the pot holes. I have visited with a few friends in town this week. Ali, my night guard, wife had a baby boy while I was gone he is so adorable I have some pictures I am going to but on my blog and facebook page. They are all doing well I have sat with them a few times this week, it was so nice to come back and speak fulfulde (Full-full-day) again I did not realize how much I missed it until I was able to speak it again. My other night guard Ibrahim, his wife also just had a baby, I was invited to the Buki, baby naming, I was told that it started at 7:30 in the morning so I went at 7:30 and when I got there it was already over but the baby is very cute her name is Nana Rashida. I don’t have any pictures yet but I plan to get some this week. I love being back. The smells in the air, the intense heat, it was 116 three times this week, and the constant noise of camels, donkeys, sheep, goats and the very annoying guinea fowl. It just feels like I finally came home. When I got there last week and I pulled up my street the people started standing and clapping saying welcome back, it was an amazing feeling to know that people were happy that I come back.
Praises:
I am back in my house.
Jake is much better (I think he just wanted to be at his house)
Prayer Request:
that the Lord would show me what He wants my schedule to be.
Safe travels to Guidan Roumdji.
That the doors would open in the hearts of the Fulani people.

sorry pictures are not working i will try again tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home