Monday, June 18, 2007

Fulani Women

I have not updated this in while so I thought you all might want to know what I have been up to lately.

I have been spending the majority of my time in a Village called Marafa. The women in the village have been teaching me to be Fulani, teaching me all the things that make them Fulani women... so here are a few pictures of what they have been teaching me.



This is Grandma, who spent an entire day teaching, or rather showing me how to weave a grass mat that they use to sit on or to sleep on.

The women have been teaching me to cook some Fulani meals. Some good some not so good but I am learning to cook them. the meal they make most often involve pounding millet and then cooking it and pounding it again then adding sour milk and water to make it a drink then letting it sit until they are ready to eat it.
They have also been teaching me to weave covers of their gourd bowls, and to pound millet. We also sit and talk about anything and everything from the reasons that i am not married to who Christ really is to why they like cats and not dogs to how to braid hair or put on make-up. The Lord has been opening more and more doors in this village to share with them about Christ. They are interested in who Christ is and the are asking questions, pray that the Lord would continue to open the door and give me the right words so that they may understand the Love of Christ.

1 Comments:

At 1:43 AM, Blogger BandMan said...

Thanks for those pics. Many people I know wait in anticipation for the next round of pictures we can bring.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home